Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Begin the Beguine

There was always the thought of it, always the nagging little idea of how cool it would be, how absolutely bad-ass we would be if we did it, how difficult but ultimately rewarding it would be to tackle it.

There were drunken pacts to run it before we were thirty, or within the next few years.

There was absolutely no way it was actually happening.

Until it did.

Hindsight is 20/20 and never is it more so than after doing something so stupid so easily. With a click of the mouse I've undertaken a quest. A quest that was always discussed, but never fully grasped. A quest that will push me to my physical limits, and test my mental toughness. A quest that should have been a hell of a lot harder to undertake than a god damned mouse-click.

A quest for Ironmandom.

I'll be chronicling my (mis)adventures here as I train for this insane undertaking, daily, weekly, monthly, I don't know. So follow along, or don't, and lend any advice/encouragement/discouragement you can, or don't. Just enjoy.

It all goes down Sunday November 22, 2010 a mere 11 months away. I don't know if I'll make it to the end but I do know this is the beginning, and as Buddha said "there are two mistakes one can make along the road... not going all the way, and not starting."

Step one, Check.

No comments:

Post a Comment