Tuesday, June 29, 2010

June!

Well, that went fast.



The month of June is about at its end, and my 25th year with it. The end of June also marks, I believe, the one-year anniversary of me cutting my hair. There are a couple of reasons it's lasted this long. Jackie liked it longer, then I started liking it, then my barber moved to San Fran (I guarantee it would have been at least trimmed by now otherwise), then it became legendary, then it became sort of a challenge to myself. How long will it last? Who knows, I still dig it, though it is starting to get hot, and Jackie may cut it in my sleep. Time will tell I suppose.



I've been doing pretty well training-wise, minus the past week that I spent golfing with my family in Maryland (awesome!), and having a lot of fun this month. Highlights include the kick off of the BGA season (ok it was May 30th, but I'm still taking it), seeing Greg Paluska's brother playing rockstar at a 3Oh!3 concert (along with the band's stuffed wolves with lasers for eyes and swivelling heads), celebrating the return of Bridger and Matt from their exile (complete with requisite hangovers) , My early birthday party at St. Arnold's (complete with Beer Olympics), 90 holes of golf in 5 days (complete with golf glove tan). But the training has also been there this month. And, very recently (see: yesterday) I got some new pedals for my bike. Some Speedplay light-action clips that are very awesome, and very different from what I'm used to. Red lights are going to become even more the bane of my existence, and I'll probably take a spill or two because of them. But, the feeling of riding clipped into your bike is incredible. I have much more control and fluidity than ever before, and going uphill is so much easier that I'm thankful I live in Houston and have so many to contend with (see: sarcasm). Hopefully this will make the bike section that much easier on race-day. That's all for now. Crazy July coming up, hope to stay fit.



Miles covered so far:



Biking: 1240.32



Running: 320.87



Swimming: 63.95

1 comment:

  1. Remember the story of Samson and Delilah?

    Keep your Nazarene oath lest God forsakes thee. I'm pretty sure it applies to beard growth too...

    ReplyDelete